The former Edam Town Hall is on Damplein in Edam. The town hall was built in 1737 by master carpenter Jacob Jongh; the first brick was laid by Roelof Boot on 18 May of that year.. The building was used for various purposes: the old town hall is used as a wedding venue, the tourist office is located on the ground floor, to the right of the entrance, and the first floor houses the Edam Museum annex for exhibits.
In this former Edam town hall, we very carefully restored the existing chandeliers, which still had incandescent light bulbs.
This was focused on in the context of the Edam-Volendam municipality’s sustainability policy.
We replaced the existing fittings with new ones, and then installed the LED E-Candle Easy De Luxe.
This drastically reduced the energy consumption and achieved a significant CO2 reduction